Sunday, February 27, 2011

One Year and Counting

Ant is offically a year and 2 days old.  Nursing hasn't changed drasticlly but I have noticed that he is nursing a little more this weekend.  I wonder if this is due to all the excitement?  At first when he hit a year I was worried that he would self-wean over the next couple months but now I see no reason to worry.

Currently, Ant is nursing about 6+ times a day (when I am home).  It really does depend on what is going on that day. 

I have been thinking his increased nursing has to do with the fact that he knows how to sign milk now, so he is asking to nurse more often.  To me, it is one of the cutest things to see Ant sign "milk."  How can you say no to that cute little boy asking for "Mother's Milk."

About 2 weeks ago I was trying to cut out my work pumps down to just once.  It was going great but then I got mastitis.  At that moment I realized that I love nursing Ant way to much and if I still need to keep those pumps in then it is totally worth it.  I can handle pumping till mid June if necessary. 

My only concern now is daycare.  We have a wonderful in-home provider who just loves Ant.  Her and her husband take great care of him but the self-conscious part of me thinks she thinks, I am crazy.  One thing I have learned in the past 6months is that she will do pretty much whatever I ask.  Sooo, I guess it is not up to her but me.  I really just need to get over it.

Mama Q

No comments:

Post a Comment