Sunday, February 27, 2011

Biting

Ant has had some issues with biting me off and on.  Our latest episode happened about 2months ago.  It was so bad I was even considering weaning him.  Luckily for me we figured out that he just needed my attention as he nursed. 

Well now the biting is back.  It isn't as bad as it was a few months ago but he bit me several times today.  Each time he would pop off the breast and I would offer one more time.  Then as I thought he was re-latching he would bite me...OUCH.  Then of course each time I would tell him no and put him down.  Sometimes he would ask to nurse again but of course I told him no because he was biting mama. 

After re-evaluating each nursing session I saw the common link being re-offering the breast.  I guess we will see how tomorrow goes. 

Note to self: Don't re-offer unless you want to be bitten...LOL

Any advice from other mother's nursing toddlers?

Mama Q

No comments:

Post a Comment